Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Smoked salmon quesadillas with three-color cherry tomatoes


I wanted some smoked salmon quesadillas for a long time, but all the recipes I could find online had the salmon folded inside the quesadillas, which didn't tickle my fancy because that would cook the fish at least a little, and take away part of its charm (by my book).
This recipe was the closest I could find to the combination of flavors I had in mind, but still not what I wanted. Therefore I said to myself - well, to hell with recipes - and went on and made the quesadillas of my dreams exactly how I pictured them :).
So here's a great recipe for quesadillas with smoked salmon on top.
Enjoy :)

Last year: Whole wheat goji berry pancakes.
Two years ago: Chicken scallopini (Italian).
Three years ago: Fruit chaat (Indian fruit salad) (raw vegan).
Four years ago: Baby making and no cooking :)



Ingredients (serves 2):
  • 2 wheat tortilla wraps (ours were with flaxseeds)
  • 50 g smoked salmon
  • 1 shallot (or 1/2 of a small onion)
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 300 g cherry tomatoes of mixed colors
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 75 g grated cheese like Gouda
  • 1-2 tablespoons creme fraiche (or schmand or a thick sour cream)

Of course you can use regular red cherry tomatoes for this recipe. But I found these glorious three-colored beauties on the market and thought they would do wonderful:

To get started, chop up the shallot and the garlic clove and fry them in the oil. When they're translucent add the chopped tomatoes:

Season with salt and pepper, stir in the cream and put away from the heat:

Heat one of the tortillas on both sides. Transfer half of the filling on one half of the tortilla and top it with half the grated cheese:

Fold the other half of the tortilla over it:

Let it heat some more (on both sides - and be careful how you flip it), then transfer to a large serving plate. Slice it:

Repeat with the other tortilla and the rest of the filling and cheese. Transfer on the same plate and slice again. Top with the smoked salmon, torn into pieces.

It's done, dig in while they're warm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...