This is one of my favorite dishes. Bread and fry the Camembert wheel until it's crispy and golden on the outside and melted and hot on the outside. Serve with fresh salad (made ahead). And voila - comfort food heaven.
Last year: Gyeran-Jim (Korean fritata with green onion).
Two years ago: Baby making and no cooking :).
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 small camembert rounds (75 g each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2-3 tablespoon golden breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- 50-75 g fresh field salad
- 1 fresh parsley bunch (flat-leaf), 15 g
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (cold-pressed, not roasted)
- 1 teaspoon red balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Wash the field salad and put it in a large bowl.
Chop up the parsley and add it. Season with the sesame oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
Lightly wet and pat almost dry the Camembert rounds. Drench through the flour, then through the beaten egg, then through the breadcrumbs. Fry them in a hot oil bath for 2 minutes until breadcrumb crust darkens. Remove and transfer to a different empty pan and continue frying for 3-4 minutes more (this way you'll also get rid of some of the oil).
Arrange the salad on two serving plates. Also put one cheese round on each.
It's done, dig in! :)