Today is the 1st of June, which is children's day. Happy birthday to all kids! :)
We decided to present a child-friendly (as in healthy enough) dessert. So here's these raw walnut truffles. There are three things I like most about these.
1. They're raw vegan and very, very good for you.
2. The recipe source is one of my favorite ex-students, Adriana :).
3. They're strongly flavored and intense and you can't eat more than a few at once which means you'll savor them longer :) (Unless of course you're Bogdan who finished the whole plate after I just tasted two of them, because I was too stuffed from the previous meal).
You must try them asap. Given how easy they are to make, you have no excuse not to :)
Last year: Stuffed baked avocados (Middle Eastern).
- 150 g walnuts
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon raw cocoa
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
Put the nuts in your blender / food processor:
Process until they're finely ground, then add the cocoa, cinnamon (we added a lot because I like it strong, but you should add only half at first, taste and then decide if and how much more you want to add) and honey and mix some more:
Keep adding a little extra honey until the mix starts to come together and you think it will hold shape if you make little spheres out of it. Put the coconut flakes into a plate, form little truffles from the walnut mix and dip them through the coconut flakes to coat them:
Transfer to a serving plate as you finish them. And in 4-5 minutes you should be done:
Voila. Ready to serve. Dig in! :)