An easy cucumber salad with an interesting twist: the poppy-seed vinaigrette. Healthy and delicious.
It's the kind of salad you want to bring a fresh note to a hearty main course, not the type to have on its own though.
Also a nice way of adding more raw to your diet. Happy and green ! :)
Last year: Rice and hazelnut spicy colorful salad, Mexican corn-cakes with avocado-onion salsa and refried beans and Crispy baked chicken with Teriyaki sauce.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/2 of a large cucumber (about 10 cm of cucumber)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon condimento balsamico bianco
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan salt or fleur du sel
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
Cut the red onion half into little pieces and the cucumber piece into slices. Arrange them in a serving bowl. Mix all of the other ingredients well into a vinaigrette and pour it over the cucumber and onion. It's done!