Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2019

Garlic salsa dip with tortilla chips (vegan)


I always enjoy freshly made salsa, but I found myself craving a more intensely flavored one. I tried to dial up the heat by adding more chili and spices, but that wasn't it. I wanted to add some strong garlic flavor to it. After a bit of research, I think I developed the ideal garlic salsa recipe. Try it (with nachos, as I did, or as a sauce for meat or with vegetable dippers or whatever) and thank me afterwards. :)
The main recipe source (based on which I adapted): here.

P.S: Tomorrow I am leaving on my first trip to Istanbul, and I'm super-excited! Get ready for some special Turkish cuisine dishes once I get back, in a few days:).

Last year: nothing.
Two years ago: nothing.
Three years ago: nothing.
Four years ago: Sprouts, bacon and almonds.
Five years ago: Mohnstrudel (Poppy seed strudel) (German).
Six years ago: Tomato soup with mini mozzarella and chili.
Seven years ago: Simple coconut brownies.
Eight years ago: Smoked salmon salad with egg, rucola and avocadoOrange bread with chocolate swirl filling (Romanian cozonac, low sugar version)Wild and red rice with bell pepper and almonds





Ingredients (for a medium bowl):
  • 500 g tomatoes
  • 1 small yellow onion
  • 10 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 of a green chili pepper
  • 1/2 of a red chili pepper
  • one bunch of parsley, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (optional, keep in mind that the chips are salty too)
  • corn tortilla chips to serve 

Chop the onion and slowly fry it in the oil. Add the sliced garlic after 5 minutes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the sliced chili peppers. After 2 minutes more, add the chopped tomatoes and increase the heat. Cook and stir for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes turn mushy and the whole thing resembles a salsa texture. Stir in the chopped parsley and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and season with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
Wait for it to cool, then transfer to serving bowls, along tortilla chips. It's done, dig in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...