Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2015

Ensalada de quinoa con chonta (Central and South American) (vegan)


I wanted to explore the cuisine of Central and South America some more and this was one of my favorite discoveries while researching it. It's delicious and fresh and a bit tangy and I couldn't stop eating it. Also - which is something I can say about few dishes - I have repeated this one more than once. I keep a can of palm hearts in my cupboard especially for when the munchies strike and I quickly fix a bowl of this good stuff. Enjoy.
Recipe source: here.

Last year: The Sidecar (cocktail).
Two years ago: Pears with rosemary sugar dust (raw vegan).
Three years ago: Beefsteaks in apple juice.
Four years ago: Broccoli and pancetta orecchietteNoodle salad with black sesame (vegan) and Chocolate and stout cupcakes (Irish).




Ingredients (serves 2-3):
  • 1 cup of quinoa
  • 1 small red onion
  • 200 g hearts of palm, preferably fresh (I'll admit I used canned)
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 25-30 ml extra virgin olive oil
  • a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste

Boil the quinoa according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a salad bowl. Add the vinegar and olive oil and mix them in.

Add the red onion, sliced and divided into half-rings, and the sliced/chopped palm hearts.

Also add the parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and it's done, dig in! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...