The simplest and most delicious thing you could ever do with fava beans. In Egypt it's popular both as a side to main courses, or as a snack / street food, on its own.
Recipe source: Saveur.
Last year: Carrot, ginger and orange soup (vegan).
Two years ago: Banana-hazelnut-honey smoothie (vegan).
Three years ago: Sticky sweet and sour chicken wings.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 250 g fava beans, boiled and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Just mix everything together. It's done, dig in! :)