This is a simple and fresh side you could put next to most Moroccan mains, especially tagines :). The special spices differentiate it from common tomato salads, but the result is still delicate enough not to overpower the flavors from the main. You can also have this on its own, just with some flat-bread. Enjoy.
Recipe source: Saveur.
Last year: Three cheese pan potatoes.
Two years ago: Linguine alla putanesca (Italian).
Three years ago: Red pepper and pesto pasta with smoked salmon and Fig salad with feta, rucola and cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients (serves 1-2):
- 2 small tomatoes
- big pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 of a seeded green chili, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (cold-pressed)
- freshly ground black pepper
Chop the tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Mince and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well, transfer to serving bowls and finish with topping of freshly ground black pepper. It's done, dig in!